This is a simple client plugin for Music Player Daemon. To build it, libmpd headers and library are used if found, but it'll use a lighter internal socket interface if you don't have libmpd.
- send Play/Stop/Next/Previous command to MPD.
- uses media icons names from icon-naming-spec (at least nuvola, tango and rodent themes provides these icons)
- decrease/increase volume using the mouse wheel.
- show the current volume, status and title as a tooltip when passing the mouse over the plugin.
- show a simple playlist window upon middle-click, permitting to select a track to play
- configurable MPD host/port/password.
- toggles repeat/random features + enable/disable MPD outputs in the right-click menu.
- launch configurable client (gmpc, xterm -e ncmpc,..) through right-click menu
- configurable markup for tooltip and playlist, using a gmpc-like markup :
- playlist accepts %artist%, %title%, %album% and %track%
- tooltip accepts the same plus %vol%, %status% and %newline%
Add the plugin to the panel, and configure MPD connection settings.
Last release : xfce4-mpc-plugin v0.4.5