Written by Graeme Gott, this plugin is a menu that provides access to favorites, recently used, and searching installed applications.
When you open the menu you are shown a list of applications you have marked as favorites. You can browse through all of your installed applications by clicking on the category buttons on the side. Whisker Menu also keeps a list applications that you've launched.
Favorites are easy to add and reorder. When browsing through your applications, right-click on any of them and select “Add to Favorites”. Simply drag and drop your favorites list to arrange them to suit your needs. You can remove them at any time from another right-click option.
You can also quickly find applications by entering a search term. The search field is focused when opening the menu, so you can just start typing. Application descriptions as well as names are searched, which allows you to find a program by using a general word.
- Fix category button staying active when dragged. (bug #14419)
- Fix regression of non-square panel image support. (bug #14506)
- Fix redundant hiding of menu.
- Fix sidebar buttons retaining incorrect width.
- Fix commands not following sidebar.
- Translation updates: English (United Kingdom), Georgian, Japanese, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish.
- Fix panel icon size not following theme.
- Disable opacity option when non-composited.
- Rename option for including favorites in recent.
- Load applications in a thread. (bug #12903)
- Slide out search results.
- Require GTK+ version 3.22.
- Translation updates: Amharic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, French, German, Lithuanian, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish.
Bugs should be reported to the Xfce bug tracking system. Before reporting bugs, please check that your issue has not been reported before. Always make sure you're using the current version.