Written by Graeme Gott, this plugin is a menu that provides access to favorites, recently used, and searching installed applications.
When you open the menu you are shown a list of applications you have marked as favorites. You can browse through all of your installed applications by clicking on the category buttons on the side. Whisker Menu also keeps a list applications that you've launched.
Favorites are easy to add and reorder. When browsing through your applications, right-click on any of them and select “Add to Favorites”. Simply drag and drop your favorites list to arrange them to suit your needs. You can remove them at any time from another right-click option.
You can also quickly find applications by entering a search term. The search field is focused when opening the menu, so you can just start typing. Application descriptions as well as names are searched, which allows you to find a program by using a general word.
- Fix memory leak when recreating window.
- Use HTTPS for plugin website.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, French, Turkish.
- Fix losing search focus. (bug #14209)
- Fix crash when last search action is deleted.
- Fix menu shown in alt-tab.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Finnish, German, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish.
- Fix class/struct typo. (bug #14001)
- Translation updates: Amharic, Danish, Japanese, Malay, Romanian.
- Fix excessive padding on panel button. (bug #13611)
- Fix blurry category buttons with high DPI.
- Fix blurry profile picture with high DPI.
- Fix panel icon too big with high DPI. (bug #13893)
- Translation updates: Catalan (Valencian), Danish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Swedish.
- Fixed desktop action incorrectly parsing escaped k.
- Translation updates: Catalan, Chinese (China), German, Italian, Nepali, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
- Fixed category names checkbox incorrectly enabled when opening dialog.
- Fixed category names turning off at login. (bug #13422)
- Translation updates: Arabic, Icelandic, Swedish.
- Fixed memory leak when editing launcher.
- Translation updates: Catalan, Danish, German, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Serbian (Latin).
- Add editing launchers from context menu. (bug #13290)
- Add support for desktop actions. (bug #11787)
- Add option to hide category names. (bug #12895)
- Load applications immediately.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Korean, Kazakh, Lithuanian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Bugs should be reported to the Xfce bug tracking system. Before reporting bugs, please check that your issue has not been reported before. Always make sure you're using the current version.